Microsoft / Azure Engineer
Full-time, Indianapolis / Grand Rapids
The Microsoft Engineer will serve as a technical thought leader and SME in the Microsoft ecosystem both on-premise and cloud solutions. You will plan, analyze, design, test, and deploy enterprise-scale Microsoft Azure cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions. You will apply your technical expertise in Microsoft cloud offerings to promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders and help them achieve their business goals.
- Lead the design and deployment of enterprise-scale Azure solutions
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish new cloud platforms
- Design architectures with Microsoft Azure to meet our clients’ technical, security, and business needs
- Execute on implementation plans to deploy Azure infrastructure and move workloads to Azure.
- Assist in internal Service Delivery Framework and IP development.
- Consulting experience with large-scale implementations on Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure solutions, including enterprise directories, on-premises hosting platforms (vSphere/Hyper-V), and datacenter storage and networking
- Capable of communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Experience and comfort with delivering technical design workshops for enterprise customers.
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience in cloud architectures, including web, application, and database components
- Experience with Azure Resource Manager, Resource Groups, Virtual Networks, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Blob Storage, PowerShell DSC, Azure Automation, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Site Recovery
- Experience with Azure Governance and Best Practices (Role Based Access Control, Networking Architectures, Cost Management controls, etc.)
- Understanding of Azure SQL Database, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps preferred
- Strong understanding of multi-region environments and global connectivity requirements
- Experience with migration readiness and planning tools (ex. Azure Migrate, Azure Site Recovery Planner)
- Understanding of security/compliance requirements as it relates to Azure services and regions
- Experience with infrastructure automation, including configuration management (Puppet, Chef, or PowerShell DSC) and infrastructure provisioning (ARM Templates or Terraform)
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell / CLI) for deployment and management on Azure
- 6+ years of relevant Engineering & Consulting experience
- 3+ years of relevant Microsoft Azure design & delivery experience
Submit your information to be considered for an open position.